Monday, March 16, 2009

Reflecting on winter quarter

It's been a long haul for the past ten or so weeks. Last year I had an almost perfect GPA and I thought college was going to be a breeze. I think this quarter was my wake up call. Emotionally and physically this year has been way more difficult than last.

I've had to tell myself that it's ok not to get straight A's and that I don't have to be perfect.

This quarter I've also become more independent. I flew without my parents for the first time, and to a big city to boot! I make most of my decisions for myself now and I think I'm finally trusting myself to make them.

I've met a lot of great people this quarter and many that I hope to keep in contact with throughout my college career and beyond.

I know I have a long way to go, but I think I'm coming into my own and figuring out who I really want to be. I'm getting more involved and trying to figure out what I like and don't like as far as my career goes.

I've learned that I can be OK on my own and that I should let things come as they may.

No comments: