Thursday, January 15, 2009

Change

Something I really need to work on is accepting change. I know it happens all the time and without it, we would never get anywhere in life, but I still have a rough time with it.

Getting used to being home for six weeks was difficult, especially when I was working 30 hours a week at a restaurant. Then, coming back to school and getting used to being away from my family again was even more difficult then freshman year.

Even the weather changes from Charleston, WV, to Athens, OH. I have a new appreciation for those who live here all the time and deal with wind 24/7.

I know college is a time where the most change will probably happen in my life, and part of my experience will be learning how to deal with anything life throws my way. I guess you could say this is my New Year's resolution: deal with change as it comes and realize that change is not always a bad thing.

No comments: